Saturday, August 11, 2001

Up until the beginning of this week I had been marveling at how nice this summer had been.



I don't like summer. I'm not a beach person (even though I do tan nicely.) I don't like heat. I'd much rather have snow and 20° than sunshine and 85° So I was really grooving on this summer - it wasn't too hot (mostly in the 70s - low 80s,) not too humid, but then Monday showed up and BAM!



Summer had finally, really arrived...



Tempature in the upper 90s with high humidity. The air was thick and moist. The sky at the horizon was a battleship gray color. My commute turned into utter hell.



With weather that severe, you know it's going to be something equally severe to make it swing back the other way and that arrived this afternoon - huge thunderstorms. We lost power at work and I got to leave early. Of course, that didn't traslate into my getting home early as I found myself being constantly re-routed due to downed lines, accidents and flooding...



Man, I hate summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment