Wednesday, August 29, 2001

Sorry about the lack of news, but I've been concetrating on my job search and trying to keep busy around the house as much as I can.



The job up in Willimantic didn't pan out. It's not right for me. What they want is someone who can do a lot of back end stuff with databases, networks, programming and web design as well. And since it's a hospital environment and the person in the position would be part of the IT staff, it would require being on call on a rotating basis for the whole hospital.



Na, na, na... I had enough of that when I worked as an IT dude in a medical lab. And for what they're offering and what you'd be expected to do in the position, it's not just realistic. If they want their cake and eat it too, that's fine; but I'm not the one who's going to be serving it to them.



But overall things still look promising. There aren't a lot of jobs out there, but they're out there. I'll find one. I just have to keep praying in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment