Saturday, January 24, 2009

Photography


Indian Leap
Originally uploaded by BigMisterC
Bowen and I went for a ride in the car today, taking pictures here in Norwich, Yantic and up in Franklin. It reminded me of when I was younger and my Uncle Jim would take me out early in the morning down by the Thames River in New London and take pictures of the morning fog, birds and his personal, photographic obsession: fire hydrants.

I'm not sure about where you live but in New London the fire hydrants were not at all homogeneous. One hydrant down the street from the next could be a completely and utterly different design, color, height, etc. My experiences with him taught me to look at the details, pay attention to details when I was drawing or painting and later when I was working as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment