Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Me

This is response to Halcyon's list on Lifestudent.com

1. My name is actually spelled Mathew, not the typical Matthew. At least that is what appears on my birth certificate. I am not sure exactly why that is but I like to tell people because my mom was still slightly incapacitated from just giving birth to me and being asked how to spell my name.

2. I make friends easily but have a hard time maintaining those friendships with only two ecxeptions: Liz and Diane whom I have known and stayed close to for 31 and 38 years respectively.

3. I am a good worker and have a strong work ethic that I got from my father and grandmother, but I hate working. The only two jobs I have thoroughly enjoyed have been cab driver and web designer.

4. The list of various jobs I have held usually astounds people from door-to-door encyclopedia sales to short order cook to soldier in the Army.

5. I do not sleep enough; I average about 4 hours of sleep a night.

6. If I could do anything in the world for a living, I would be an actor.

7. I once ran into the side of a moving vehicle while crossing the street and knocked myself out cold.

8. I have never been outside of the United States and no further west than Texas.

9. I had open heart surgery when I was 26 years old. I had mitral valve reflux so bad that the doctors could hear the murmur in my carotid (neck) and femoral (groin) arteries.

10. If I could live anywhere in the world I would still be in Connecticut. Manhattan is a close second.

11. I have 1 tattoo on my upper thigh that I drew myself: a chess piece, the knight.

12. I am at an age now where I have lived longer as a married man than I have as a single man.

13. One of my greatest regrets is not going to study for a semester in Florence when I had the oppurtunity.

14. I don't study, never have. I was a good student without studying and was even in plays with large parts (in one I had 80% of the dialogue) and hardly ever studied. I am pretty damn good in Trivial Pursuit!

15. I played trombone for 6 years in school and was even 1st chair in All-State Orchestra but never owned an instrument. When I graduated I just stopped playing. 25 years later I could probably pick up a horn, play decently and even sight-read.

16. I am the oldest of four kids and I was horrible to my younger siblings.

17. I was sexually active for almost two years before I actually lost my virginity, a la coitus.

18. I am afraid of drowning in open water and don't even really feel comfortable in a swimming pool.

19. Coffee is something I simply could not live without. ...and it has to be good coffee. I'd rather lick an ashtray then drink Folgers or Maxwell house.

20. My favorite alcoholic drink is a White Russian.

21. When I was younger I had the entire script of Time Bandits memorized and could recite it word for word.

22. I really could care less about sports unless the NY Giants are playing, then I am a full-on lunatic.

23. I have never pierced anything other than my ear.

24. I do not get lonely and I am never bored.

25. I could listen to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing every day for the rest of my life and never be sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment