This is response to Halcyon's list on Lifestudent.com
1. My name is actually spelled Mathew, not the typical Matthew. At least that is what appears on my birth certificate. I am not sure exactly why that is but I like to tell people because my mom was still slightly incapacitated from just giving birth to me and being asked how to spell my name.
2. I make friends easily but have a hard time maintaining those friendships with only two ecxeptions: Liz and Diane whom I have known and stayed close to for 31 and 38 years respectively.
3. I am a good worker and have a strong work ethic that I got from my father and grandmother, but I hate working. The only two jobs I have thoroughly enjoyed have been cab driver and web designer.
4. The list of various jobs I have held usually astounds people from door-to-door encyclopedia sales to short order cook to soldier in the Army.
5. I do not sleep enough; I average about 4 hours of sleep a night.
6. If I could do anything in the world for a living, I would be an actor.
7. I once ran into the side of a moving vehicle while crossing the street and knocked myself out cold.
8. I have never been outside of the United States and no further west than Texas.
9. I had open heart surgery when I was 26 years old. I had mitral valve reflux so bad that the doctors could hear the murmur in my carotid (neck) and femoral (groin) arteries.
10. If I could live anywhere in the world I would still be in Connecticut. Manhattan is a close second.
11. I have 1 tattoo on my upper thigh that I drew myself: a chess piece, the knight.
12. I am at an age now where I have lived longer as a married man than I have as a single man.
13. One of my greatest regrets is not going to study for a semester in Florence when I had the oppurtunity.
14. I don't study, never have. I was a good student without studying and was even in plays with large parts (in one I had 80% of the dialogue) and hardly ever studied. I am pretty damn good in Trivial Pursuit!
15. I played trombone for 6 years in school and was even 1st chair in All-State Orchestra but never owned an instrument. When I graduated I just stopped playing. 25 years later I could probably pick up a horn, play decently and even sight-read.
16. I am the oldest of four kids and I was horrible to my younger siblings.
17. I was sexually active for almost two years before I actually lost my virginity, a la coitus.
18. I am afraid of drowning in open water and don't even really feel comfortable in a swimming pool.
19. Coffee is something I simply could not live without. ...and it has to be good coffee. I'd rather lick an ashtray then drink Folgers or Maxwell house.
20. My favorite alcoholic drink is a White Russian.
21. When I was younger I had the entire script of Time Bandits memorized and could recite it word for word.
22. I really could care less about sports unless the NY Giants are playing, then I am a full-on lunatic.
23. I have never pierced anything other than my ear.
24. I do not get lonely and I am never bored.
25. I could listen to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing every day for the rest of my life and never be sick of it.