Friday, January 23, 2009

I am a horrible blogger

It's not that I don't want to put the effort into maintaining a blog; I do. It's just that I don't, can't think of my life as blogger-fodder. My day-to-day is a pretty dull routine: up at 5:30 to get Bowen up and moving for school; sleep for another hour and then get up and go to work; work is usually a dull yet often uncomfortable, potentially embarrassing series of phone calls, mostly apologizing for and trying to rectify the laboratory's mistakes; I come home, eat, play Madden `09, stay up too late playing on the computer and go to sleep.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

So, why blog at all? Well, I am not an automaton. I do have my own views and opinions and let them rip here from time to time (or used to when I had my old site with my old blog: the now defunct bigmisterc.com). But I still hold back. Do I think that my unfiltered life would make interesting "blogger-fodder?" You bet your ass... But I am too chickenshit to recant my myriad infidelities and indiscretions (marital and otherwise), petty thefts and betrayals... the unvarnished truth. I'm just too afraid to list all that shit and still attach my name to it all. But I want to be honest; I really do. Uncomfortably, unflinchingly honest...

I just cannot do it.

...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment