Wednesday, June 27, 2001

Summer is here in full swing and I am hating every second of it. I never noticed summer all that much when I was a kid and neither did I mind it. It was a time of riding my bike to the beach, soaking in a tub of cool water for as long as I wanted and adventures in the backyard with my friend, Diane. If I got too hot, all I had to do was fill up the plastic pool in the yard and dive in. It was the time of the year that we would go to visit my mother's family in Florida (and maybe Disney or Sea World while we were there.) I was out of school and care free.



That was then...



Now that I am an adult and have to work through the summer, sit in traffic in blazing heat and wonder to myself, "When, oh when will football season start again?" (Because, really... let's face it - football is one of the few sports that as exciting to watch on TV as it is in person. And football = cold. I like cold...)



I probably wouldn't be complaining quite so much if the dress code here at work were a little more casual. No shorts. No sandals. No T-shirts... that's 80% of my wardrobe, out the window. I wouldn't mind so much if it just weren't so damn hot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment