Tuesday, June 5, 2001

I'm 100% sure why I am starting this all over again, but I want a place to organize and record my thought and this seems as good a way to do it as any. I've been giving a lot of thought recently to being a web designer and what I do and the role I play in the company for which it works and have come to the conclusion that I am terribly unhappy. It's not that I dislike what I do - I went into web design because I love making things for the web. It's not often that a hobby is also a profession, so when the chance to do this as a living came along, I jumped.



The reason that I am unhappy is because I am not challenged at work. I'm never really presented with anything new or exciting - and I think that this is the fate of a designer who doesn't work in an agency or as a freelancer. Day in and day out looking at the (I really have to admit) butt-ugly site that someone else designed and I am stuck doing what boils down to maintainence work. It's extremely disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment