Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I {heart} Yogurt

I do! I love yogurt. I grew up eating the stuff. When I was a kid I
used to take one of the good, old-fashioned Dannon,
fruit-on-the-bottom yogurts, take off the top, throw that bad boy in a
bowl and poke a hole in the bottom. Then I'd lift off the container
and watch the fruit cascade over the whole thing. It was awesome; I'd
rather have that than a bowl of ice cream. Sadly, as an adult, yogurt
has let me down. What gives with these tiny portions? The fruit
blended into the yogurt so that it looks like some badly made custard?
Blech!

But recently I had Chobani yogurt for the first time... what an
improvement over the other anemic brands. It's thick, it's creamy...
and the fruit is at the bottom! Yesterday I had their pomegranate
yogurt and it had the actual pomegranate seeds in it! Today I had the
pineapple and it transported me back to my youth. Eating it, I felt
like I was at my parents kitchen table on Cliff Street staring out the
window into the back yard. I actually licked the container clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment